Thursday 13 February 2014

Victoria Beckham Fall 2014

Victoria Beckham is always a show that has a lot of anticipation leading up to it. To me, it's just fascinating seeing how much she has progressed in terms of fashion sense and style since the days of 'Posh Spice' and the leather catsuits. Every year, her collections grow more chic and elegant and this year was no exception. The theme this year was evidently ,minimalism with the exception of a couple of pieces. No collection could have portrayed Victoria's personal style better than this one and because I admire her style, this show was very appealing to me.

This collection was a lot more feminine than last seasons and I think this suits Victoria's ways of designing better than the boyish look she previously used as a theme, most probably because Victoria is one of the most feminine women on the planet. The make up was a very natural look which complemented the monochrome theme nicely Victoria said herself "I loved how gorgeous and naturally beautiful the girls were when they came for the castings.' which is what inspired the natural look. The hair was also subtle with a clear middle parting and in a low bun which kept the attention on the clothing. Brogue style shoes were worn often with feminine dresses which was a contrast I've seen a lot at recent shows but one I really like. The silhouette was long and straight and each piece was sharply tailored.

As expected, the Victoria Beckham show was chic, elegant and just as polished as the designer is herself.
Here are a few of my favourite looks from the collection-







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post and my blog and any post requests you might have.