Thursday 19 February 2015

Michael Kors A/W15 Review

Michael Kors is a brand, I feel, has recently become notorious for its handbags. I don't know about you but where I live it may as well be compulsory to own a Michael Kors bag as I'm unaware of many people who don't; not that I have anything against them but they have become ridiculously overworn in the past couple of years and to be quite honest, I am sick of the sight of the brands logo. However, I was pleasently surprised with their most recent collection at NYFW and for me, it was a friendly reminder that this label is still high fashion and restored my faith in Kors himself and his ability to produce the chicest of pieces that any woman would feel luxuorious wearing. As he said himself  'Women today want it all- comfort, quality and luxury- and they deserve it all' and I am in full agreement with the designer.

Michael Kors is a brand known for it's femininity in terms of womenswear which is why the masculine edge to the A/W15 collection was a shock to many. Still as opulent as ever yet a twist on the classic MK style. It wouldn't be a collection by the New York born designer without fur and of course, there was an abundance of it; it was even sported with a pair of teal embellished pyjamas that anyone would dream of wearing wherever they were heading, whether that was to bed or a red carpet event, if I got my hands on them, the location would be irrelevant. The colour palette mainly consisted of grey-blue's, khaki, camel and mustard yellow. Oh, and how could I forget the head-to-toe gold number paired with co-ordinating metallic heels that headed down the runway between two blue and grey suits, I would expect nothing less than this from a man famous for his sense of 'luxury is what you think it is'! The soundtrack to the show included Florence & the Machine's 'The Dog Days are Over' and this upbeat song that could potentially leave anyone feeling pleased along with a collection fit for women of all kinds ensured everyone in the room was in a good mood by the end of the show. Bravo Michael Kors!

Here are some of my favourite looks from the show-













No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post and my blog and any post requests you might have.